**Complete your Stop Animation page if you have not yet done it!
Today we start a new project, Creativity and Innovation Tools. As you can tell from the project title, you will be learning more creativity tools. Let’s first review our project page.
STEP ONE. Explore the list of creativity tools.
- Word Cloud: www.tagxedo.com; http://www.wordle.net; http://tagul.com/
- Brainstorming: http://bubbl.us; http://mywebspiration.com
- Animation creation: www.xtranormal.com; http://domo.goanimate.com
- Storytelling (Storybook creation): http://storybird.com/
- Video Creation: http://animoto.com/
- Media Creation: http://www.vuvox.com/
- Photo Sharing: http://www.flickr.com; http://troovi.com/
- Cartoon creation: http://www.pixton.com/;
- Online poll creation: www.polleverywhere.com
- Google Earth: http://www.google.com/earth/index.html
- Photo Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/
- Online newspaper creation: http://paper.li/
STEP TWO. Select TWO tools you want to use for the project.
STEP THREE. Write your proposals about how you will use the tools. In your proposal for each tool, please include the following information:
- Your name
- Lesson or activity name (if possible)
- Goals and objectives for the lesson/activity
- Curriculum Standards that will be addressed in your lesson (if available)
- The target audience
- A brief description about how you will use each tool and what lesson material you will create using each tool
*IMPORTANT* In each proposed lesson, students (or teacher) should create some kind of product using the tool or as a result of using the tool – that is what you will be creating for our creativity/innovation project as well.
As a reminder, the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for creativity and innovation:
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students:
a. apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
b. create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
c. use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
d. identify trends and forecast possibilities.
- Have your proposals ready (- it is due before the class). Submit your proposal in paper, via email, or by sharing a Google Doc (-whichever you like!).
- We start working on your proposed lesson activities.
- We will have an independent workday, meaning you can choose to work on your project from home or any lab on campus. Please contact me via email if you have a question about the project.
- We will finish up the project. I expect you to come to class with your lesson materials close to completion. I want you to spend the class time writing the Creativity & Innovation Tools page in your Google portfolio.