- If today is your first day of class – please view the blog post from Monday (click on Monday’s date on the calendar to the right.). Please complete the student information sheet.
- Hopefully you have read over the class syllabus. Any remaining questions?
- Please click here to create a Gmail account, if you do not have one.
PART ONE. Sharing what you wrote on the student information sheet.
Thank you for filling out the form. I really enjoyed reading them!! I would like to share some of the things you wrote with the entire class.
PART TWO. What is Educational Technology?
In a broad definition, educational technology refers to media that support learning and teaching. What technologies did you have when you were in school? How about now? In today’s era, a number of new great technologies are emerging. We want to adapt these technologies to support learning in a meaningful way. How can we do so? This is what we are going to learn throughout this semester.
PART THREE. Virtual Tutoring Lab
We will use a Virtual Tutoring Lab (VTL) for reading assignments in this course. Let’s create an account for the VTL and watch a guide video to get familiar with it.
Here is our first reading assignment. This is due on Wednesday, January 16.
Chapter one from Howland, J.L., Jonassen,D., & Marra, R.M. (2011). Meaningful learning with technology. (Fourth ed.). Boston, M.A. : Allyn
PART FOUR. Aderhold Scavenger Hunt
Before we start learning about technology, I want you all to know what kind of resources you can get in the college of education. Let’s do a Aderhold scavenger hunt in order to learn the tools and resources available in this building. There are four challenges. In assigned groups, try to complete the challenges asap. The first group who complete the four challenges and come back to our classroom will earn a late pass.
- Upload a picture of you with a description about your major and/or future career goal on Troovi. This will help me memorize your name faster!
- Make sure you have some pictures of you in Facebook or bring the pictures on a USB drive that you will want to use on your autobiography page for you web-based portfolio. We will start building your portfolio on Friday.
- If this is your first day of class, be sure to view the blog post from last Monday.
- Create a Gmail account
- Create a VTL account and watch a guide video.